Warrior Math
I do not remember math. I don’t mean that I am horrible at it or hated it or my dad didn’t like it so I didn’t either. I just mean that math for me throughout school was uneventful. Nothing took place until I took my mathematics course for elementary educators that made me want to become a champion for the subject. I remember science and the passion I had for learning biology or astronomy. I remember AP English and reading classic writers then responding to their works to prepare for the exam. Math I guess I just kind of made my way through without ever finding a spark. I do briefly remember a fondness for trigonometry, you know COS…SIN…TAN. Maybe there was something I thought cool about being able to find out the angle of that shadow cast by the flagpole with only one piece of information. It was kind of like magic with math. I was a Woodlawn Warrior in highschool in relation to football or track and field but not math.
No comments:
Post a Comment